• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Unofficial Incredible Wallpaper Thread

hey, i can't take credit for this pic, but it's awesome, huh? i found it somewhere and resized it for the Incredible. enjoy!

attachment.php

Attachments

• macross vf1j city incredible.jpg
    macross vf1j city incredible.jpg
    747.8 KB · Views: 1,398
Upvote 0
Hi, I've been wondering for awhile: if you're using an alternate launcher (like Launcherpro or ADW) and have wallpaper scrolling disabled, which is a nice feature, 960 x 800 no longer seems like the optimal size.

In other words, you can get the green box to fit over the entire image, but because essentially you're only using one homescreen (or seven identical ones) the end result wall paper is blown up and you lose quite a bit of the actual image.

So I tried to use wallpapers that were 480 x 800 (the size of one home screen) and the photos look the perfect size when I download them and view them in the photo gallery. But when I try to set them as wall paper, the green box won't extend to capture the whole image.

Anyone else having this problem and can offer any solutions?

Upvote 0
Hi, I've been wondering for awhile: if you're using an alternate launcher (like Launcherpro or ADW) and have wallpaper scrolling disabled, which is a nice feature, 960 x 800 no longer seems like the optimal size.

In other words, you can get the green box to fit over the entire image, but because essentially you're only using one homescreen (or seven identical ones) the end result wall paper is blown up and you lose quite a bit of the actual image.

So I tried to use wallpapers that were 480 x 800 (the size of one home screen) and the photos look the perfect size when I download them and view them in the photo gallery. But when I try to set them as wall paper, the green box won't extend to capture the whole image.

Anyone else having this problem and can offer any solutions?

No matter what launcher you are using, the wallpaper size has to be 960x480 in order for it to show up correctly. If you disable the wallpaper scroll then you will only see 480x800 of that image (480 of the exact middle).

So... here's what you do.

Find wallpapers that you like that are 480x800 (I already had tons of them because it's what you use for custom lockscreens).

Then use your photo software to create a blank 960x800 template. Then simple copy/paste your 480x800 onto that and make sure it's centered.

This is super simple to do in Photoshop. I am sure it can be done in other programs though.

Upvote 0
thanks to both of you, that's the first thing I've had to go on for awhile! I assume I can also resize any photos I take to 480 x 800 and copy/paste to that 960 x 800 template and they'll be centered nicely?

I'll try to figure out how to create that template in the meantime and if I can't figure how to do it, I'll be in touch, but thanks again!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones