• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Unofficial "View" or "Windowed" cases.

nomnompie

Mar 29, 2010
Hi.

A bit confused about something that I would like to get straightened out. I just bought my mom a note 3 for mothers day and I am looking to get her a case for it. I think she would like the S-View flip style but it doesn't really offer much protection as it replaces the back cover as opposed to adding extra shock absorption.

I have seen some unofficial windowed covers that do cover the back instead of replacing it but I was watching a youtube video review on one (but it wasn't in english) and it did not appear that closing the cover made the screen shrink to the window size like the official one does.

So, is this just the way these work? Does it have to be the kind that replaces the back cover or does it simply use the proximity sensor or something? Or should it work and is the reason it didn't in this video because of the KitKat bug that broke 3rd party s-view cases.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones