• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Unordinary "No Service" Issue

techuser1

Lurker
Feb 12, 2014
So recently I've gotten a Galaxy Nexus (Nexus 3) phone from my service provider.

It's been going well until I was talking with someone over the phone and the conversation got cut off!

I waited a few hours, but there was still no service. I went to Samsung Center and they told me that it would cost $35 to get a "diagnosis," and whatever fees following that will be on me, (i.e. if I need to replace the motherboard).

So I got home to do more research before I was sure getting that diagnosis was my last resort. On my way home, my phone picked up service! I was ecstatic! But by the time I was about half way home, (it was a looong drive to the Samsung Center), my service cut off.

The phone itself looks to be functioning on a stellar level. There was absolutely no water damage. I put my SIM card into an old Blackberry, and it got service; so the SIM card is no issue.

I also downloaded SlimBean on my phone, but that was after it lost service.

I am so lost, and I do not know what to do! Could it be the motherboard?

Thank you in advance,
Techuser1

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones