1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Unpair Bluetooth, failing?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by gord.hynes, May 16, 2011.

1. gord.hynes

gord.hynes Lurker
    None

May 16, 2011
    I have a Motorola HT820 bluetooth headset... worked great for a few weeks on the phone. Needed to pair it to my work blackberry... again, no problem. Went to reconnect it to my Galaxy.. wouldn't connect. Unpaired, then tried repairing, and it hangs at the pairing stage. Literally. It'll sit like that all day. Turn off/on bluetooth, shows that the headset is paired, but the headset is still sitting in pairing mode. Try to connect it, fails. unpair again, search for devices (with the headset off, so that the phone 'forgets' it, disable bluetooth, enable, and the stupid headset is paired again. Still can't connect. Try connecting to the BB, no problem, connect to my wife's Atrix, no problem.

any ideas on what this could be, and how to fix it? I don't really want to wipe the damn thing, but if needed, I will.

thanks!

Advertisement

2. justiyad

justiyad Android Enthusiast
    None

Jul 14, 2010
    I ran into the same issue with my car bluetooth. I deleted the pairing from my phone. Restarted it and did the pairing agian and it worked. So try restarting the phone after deleting the pair.

3. gord.hynes

gord.hynes Lurker
    None

May 16, 2011
    I'll try that again, but I have tried it before. Lame.

4. gord.hynes

gord.hynes Lurker
    None

May 16, 2011
    wiped the phone... worked. Also let me update to firmware KC1 as well. Must've been some random broken app in there somewhere.