• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Unplugged for 12 hours and at 80%

I'm having the same experience. Before the update, I wasn't sure why so many people said it had great battery life. After the update though, I've been really impressed. I'm not a heavy user during the work week, since I've got internet access there and can do pretty much anything I want, but previously I'd end the day with anywhere from 10 to 30%. Yesterday I ended the day with 70%. It was nuts.

Upvote 0
Yeah I've been reporting the battery life to a Verizon Rep that sold me my X (since they have to wait to get theres) and the absolute worse this battery will do is (at least on mine) - HEAVY usage, everything on and animated, 3-4 hours - 80%, NORMAL usage 4 hours - 90%, assuming it was probably above 90% since I haven't seen increments of 1% or 5% and it hung there for another hour or so. Coming from a 9530 user with only 200ma less thats awesome. I was so afraid of what the big screen was going to do with 2.1 comparing it to the Dinc's reviews.

Upvote 0
I haven't installed the update yet (waiting to see if it will affect the ability to root).

But so far after being unplugged for 48 hours (yes 48 hours), I'm at 60%.
first 36 hours I didn't get a chance to use it, it sat on my desk, powered on, syncing my personal and work email. I turned it on a couple of times to look at email. nothing heavyduty.

last 12 hours I've been messing with different launchers, different apps, and also been streaming pandora for about 3 hours now.
Still showing 60% battery left.

Pretty impressive.
way different from my first smartphone 7 years ago that had a 5 hour battery life (standby life) and didn't have ROM, only RAM, so if your battery died, you lose everything, you have to setup all your settings and reload all your apps again. :)

Upvote 0
Ehh...mine was better before the up date. It lasted for 15 hours and that was after I turned my phone off and the battery meter went way up like some people have seen.

Today I unplugged at 8:30 and was down to 5% by 6:30. About the same usage each day. I don't know why its worse

Did you restart the phone to install the update? You need to if you didn't.

Upvote 0
9 Hrs -> At 70%, I'm happy with it, still think it could get better though. (And I think it will if we could ever get rid of all the bloatware)

Um what?

No way you and some of the others are getting battery life like this unless you don't touch the thing all day.

And supposedly having 70% after 9 hours, you think it can be better??! What the hell are you talking about..

Upvote 0
well i updated yesterday and today i was unplugged for 3 hours and at 15% with 3 calls made totaling 1min. 6 text messages. no music...no internet.....so i went into verizon and they gave me a new battery no questions asked...now we shall see. ever since my update my phone has been slow and sucky battery.....

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones