• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Unplugged for 12 hours and at 80%

I let mine sit and hardly used it and in 12hrs and 34min it was screaming for the charger. I think its because i have very poor signal here at the house and its hunting for service. Had a long chat with VZ yesterday about it and they agree that something isnt right as my signal strength is usually -101dbm and from time to time spikes up and then falls down again. Signal meter wise i have one bar to no bars with an occasional red circle with a line through the bars. VZs coverage map shows me to be in just as red an area as any other major city.

Upvote 0
I have left my original droid at home one weekend (forgot to bring it with me), and it sat there for 2 days, it still had the gmail and activesync push turned on. when I got home two days later, it was only down to 60% charge. I get a strong signal at my home, in the -70db range, occasionally I do see it go to -59db for a few minutes and as bad as -93db on rare occasions.

So its definitely possible for it to sit idle for long periods of time without draining the battery.

I've also had my original droid drain a full charge within 3 hours. This was at my parents place where I get virtually 0 signal and its constantly hunting, it gets very hot after a few minutes.

Upvote 0
Okay I do not have the update installed yet Battery at 30% and I'm at 19hrs unplugged but with light usage ( I was sleeping for about 7 of these hours) Battery use says Display 68% I have the display set to lowest brightness 24% cell standby and 8% Phone Idle my signal is right usually around -95dbm does this seem alright or is something odd going on?

Upvote 0
unplugged for 9.5 hours, medium usage with very light web browsing, and medium to high texting... 30%

This is pretty close to my experience so far. I didn't notice too much of a difference in battery life, if any, after the update.

I installed the update on Monday night. Today's battery life:
-Unplugged from charger last night at midnight w/ wifi on (didn't touch the phone for about 7-8 hrs)
-Turned on bluetooth for about 25 minutes for a call then shut off the bluetooth
-Left wifi on to connect to wifi at work.
-Watched 2 youtube videos and played some Air Traffic Control for about 10 minutes.

Uptime: 12 hrs : %30 percent.

I have the display brightness set to 'Auto'
I keep the 'wireless network' location on. Maybe this is causing the battery life i'm seeing?

Upvote 0
This is pretty close to my experience so far. I didn't notice too much of a difference in battery life, if any, after the update.

I installed the update on Monday night. Today's battery life:
-Unplugged from charger last night at midnight w/ wifi on (didn't touch the phone for about 7-8 hrs)
-Turned on bluetooth for about 25 minutes for a call then shut off the bluetooth
-Left wifi on to connect to wifi at work.
-Watched 2 youtube videos and played some Air Traffic Control for about 10 minutes.

Uptime: 12 hrs : %30 percent.

I have the display brightness set to 'Auto'
I keep the 'wireless network' location on. Maybe this is causing the battery life i'm seeing?

Yeah, I unplugged at 8am today, I've gotten 4 emails, made 1 phone call, used gchat, screen brightness is set to very low, no bluetooth or wireless, and I'm at 30% after the update.

Should I get VZW to give me a new battery or does this usage seem to correspond well to the remaining battery?

Upvote 0
How many g-mail accounts do you guys have that are getting the good battery life, I can't seem to get that kind of battery life. I have three g-mail accounts.

I have one gmail account, one hotmail account that gets checked every 30 minutes and one work account that uses exchange activesync for push email.

on an average day I get about 200 emails on my work account, 10 on hotmail and about 70 on gmail (mostly junk or dist lists).

Upvote 0
So I got my Droids on launch day... Im a big gadget guy but the wife really isnt, but I got her one anways. I charged hers up... set it up for her (email,facebook, contacts,etc) and told her it was ready and set it on the table... It sat there for 3 days.... I turned it on yesterday and it was at 40%.... WTF!!!

Of course that was strictly display off and cell standby only, but holy shiznit...

EDIT: Oh and she was recieving emails from 1 yahoo account and facebook updates (obviously)

Upvote 0
So I got my Droids on launch day... Im a big gadget guy but the wife really isnt, but I got her one anways. I charged hers up... set it up for her (email,facebook, contacts,etc) and told her it was ready and set it on the table... It sat there for 3 days.... I turned it on yesterday and it was at 40%.... WTF!!!

Of course that was strictly display off and cell standby only, but holy shiznit...

EDIT: Oh and she was recieving emails from 1 yahoo account and facebook updates (obviously)

My guess is the data - email, facebook syncing.

Upvote 0
9 hours later = 60%
Wifis been on ever since unplug
At least 1 text per hour
At least 1 phone call every 3 hours (2-10min/each)
Receiving emails from 2 different accounts
5 app downloads and at the most 10min of run-time for each
Running animated wallpaper all day
Weather Channel running
Weather Bug running
Weather Widget running
Facebook running
2 min timeout
50% back light
Stock UI

Any more settings let me know, I will post

(mine was pre-charged at Verizon on launch day if that makes a difference, I ran it all the way down and let it charge over night, same next day. Ever since I've just put it on charge before bed, turning it off)

Upvote 0
I need to know the configuration that everyone is using. I decided to test my battery life, because it seemed relativly short. I had 100% charge at approximately 9:30 am and at 3:20pm i was at 5%. Im on intern and he verizonvstore by me is an espisignal or something. They tried to tell me the X came out in the winter!!! I got 3 weeks until i get home! What to do,what to do?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones