• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Unread count for messages not correct in green bubble

dgold82

Apr 26, 2010
Just noticed this within the last week or so. My unread count in the little green bubble for my email inboxes are off. It will have one number before I open my inbox and then another unread count within the app (before downloading any new emails). It then updates itself when I exit the messages app.

Do you think it might have something to do with too many widgets on my homescreen? I don't have anything major...1x1 more icons, 1x4 smooth calendar, vibrate toggle, htc clock. Anyone else have this issue?

Is this for the Gmail Unread Count widget? If so, that happens to me from time to time. It tends to fix itself eventually.

Nope, the HTC email app. It's off for my Yahoo inbox and my Exchange inbox until I actually open the app (but not all the time). My new theory is that I just check my email too often and my home screen doesn't refresh in real time. Who knows...I'm in the email app so often that it's not a huge deal but just a bit annoying. Thanks for the reply.

Upvote 0
Nope, the HTC email app. It's off for my Yahoo inbox and my Exchange inbox until I actually open the app (but not all the time). My new theory is that I just check my email too often and my home screen doesn't refresh in real time. Who knows...I'm in the email app so often that it's not a huge deal but just a bit annoying. Thanks for the reply.

Same issue here dgold82 with my htc Hero. On my home screen it says I'll have 1 unopened email, so I press the mail icon. I'll then read my email, and either delete it or keep it in the in-box. Sometimes, not always, when I press <home> or <back> to get to the main screen, the little green bubble still says 1 unopened mail.

Won't go away. So then I drag mail icon off the screen (to delete it) and then add it back in from the <+> option, and the small green bubble is gone.

Kinda' frustrating. And no, it is not Gmail. I never get mail there.

Brad
--------------------------------

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones