1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Unread Message Count in Icons...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by adamb03, Dec 29, 2011.

1. adamb03

adamb03 Lurker

Hello all - just upgraded to the Galaxy Nexus, and with my old droid (HTC incrediable) whenever there were unread messages (Outlook/Gmail/SMS) the unread number would appear on the icon. With the nexus the indicator at the top notifies me when i have new email, but the icon on the screen, or docked at the bottom do not show the unread count. I know there are other widgits which can do this, but you cant dock widgets to the bottom of the screen (the 4 icons) was wondering if there is something i am missing, or was this an HTC Sense feature? or what. Was super-useful.

Thanks, and I hope everyone has a great new year.

Cheers-
    A.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Shoop

Shoop Newbie

I'm interested in this as well.

3. BubbaNexus

BubbaNexus Android Enthusiast

Thats probably the only thing i miss about my htc inc.

4. jbdan

jbdan Extreme Android User

You're not missing anything as this isn't possible at the moment on stock ICS. Like you said though, there are 3rd party apps (launchers and notification apps) that will do this. Launcher pro, ADW with adw notifier, unread count apps come to mind.

5. Lohung

Lohung Android Enthusiast

mine does it.. mine will show MS and Gmail and SMS.. will seay 4 unread messages when i pull down the bar

6. jbdan

jbdan Extreme Android User

I believe the OP is speaking of a little tiny unread count bubble on top of the icon like the SMS icon when he has 3 unread messages.

Like this

[​IMG]

btw welcome to the forum adambo3!

7. Dukins

Dukins Member

I don't think unread counts are available in 3rd party apps as well as stock ICS. I miss the feature as well.

8. pool_shark

pool_shark Android Expert

Launcher pro still shows unread sms count, but go launcher doesn't. I use handcent and it isn't showing it within the app, I emailed the developer.

Google changed the gmail app over the summer which broke all 3rd part gmail notifications.

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews