• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Unread messages count is wrong

digger

Dec 2, 2009
Hi,

Having a weird problem where my phone constant displays 4 unread text messages.

A bit of background... I've been using custom Villaim roms for a few months now, have settled on 10.3. I use Handcent for my messaging but the stock messages app shows the same if I turn its notifications on.

When I first went down the custom route, I didn't import my MMS settings, so four people had sent me MMSes which weren't retrived and expirted. I recently added the correct settings, and my phone has tried to retrieve these four messages (which had subsequently expired)

I have done a full wipe on my phone, which cleared the issue, obviously. However, when I reimported my messages (using Fresh Kitchen), it brought back the four phantom messages.

I really really don't want to lose all my messages, but short of clearing my messages app data, is there another resolution to this problem?

Hang on... What's the Fresh Kitchen? It was my understanding anything to do with Fresh was to do with the Sprint hero. But then you said you run VillainROM.... I guess you have a GSM hero, right?

(Sorry if this seems off topic to your post; we're constantly redirecting Sprint users to their seperate forum you see)

Welcome to the forum :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones