1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Unread Posts in the Forum Tab

Discussion in 'Suggestion Box & Feedback' started by AndyOpie150, May 3, 2012.

1. AndyOpie150

AndyOpie150 <strong> <a href="http://androidforums.com/optimus
    None

May 13, 2011
    Laborer (all the dirty nasty work nobody else want
    Florida
    Is there any chance of getting the "Unread Posts" in the Forum Tab as well as it's current location. It could be put to the right of "Chat Live" or in between any of the others.
    The reason I ask is the current location for "Unread Posts" causes me to have to click out of a thread and then click on the "unread posts" to allow me to continue reading and managing all the unread posts from the LG Optimus forums. If it where in the Forum Tab I could save time and be able to read and respond/manage more posts in the same amount of time by being able to click on "unread posts" from inside a thread.

Advertisement

cammykool likes this.
  2. Unforgiven

Unforgiven OK Google

Jun 23, 2010
    Male
    Douglas, MA
    You can go to advanced search. You'll see the option for "Find threads with" and the default as "at least," change that to at most and that is the Unanswered Threads search. You can also choose a forum to search for unread threads in a particular area. For example:

Find Thread with 0 posts in Android Lounge would return only the unanswered threads from the Android Lounge.

3. Phases

Phases NO LONGER ADMIN MSG ROB
    None

Sep 9, 2008
    Male
    IT
    Nashville, TN
    Did you mean in the favorites box? Click "New Posts" in the navbar, then click "New Favorite Posts" in the dropdown.

4. AndyOpie150

None

May 13, 2011
    Florida
    Just below the Android Forums LOGO Box there are 7 tabs: Home, Carriers, Phones, Tablets, Apps, Forum, and Contact.
    In the Forum tab there are 6 options:Forum Home, Register, Premium, All Galleries, Social Groups, and Chat Live.
    This is the Tab I was referring to when I was wanting to know if the "Unread Posts" could be put there.
    I have taken on managing 77 forums/sub-forums (all LG Optimus Forums) and having the "Unread Posts" in this tab would allow a Guide to simply click on it to go back to the "Unread Posts", instead of having to click out of the post first to get to the favorite box and the "Unread Posts". This will save a bunch of time and allow me to get more done.

5. Phases

Phases NO LONGER ADMIN MSG ROB
    None

Sep 9, 2008
    Male
    IT
    Nashville, TN
    If you click "New Posts" that is right next to "Chat Live" and then click "New Favorite Posts" it takes you to the same thing. Am I misunderstanding?

(You must be logged in, of course)

6. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42

Dec 1, 2009
    UK
    So what you're saying is that you don't want to have to have to go via the front page of the forum every time you go from a thread to your unread posts list?

Phases is right, you should see the 'New posts' dropdown menu on any page of the forum (to the right of 'Chat Live!'). Pick 'new favourite posts' and you'll get to the list you want without going to the front page. It's one extra click, but other than that it's exactly what you're looking for :)

7. AndyOpie150

None

May 13, 2011
    Florida
    I am a serious rock. Double Duh!
    Sorry for taking up your time. That will work just fine.

I guess I need to ease back on how much I'm trying to do so I can take the time to actually look around. I always put too much of a load on myself, and try to get to much done on my own. My favorites list is so long I can't seem to get all the unread post looked at. It doesn't give me any time to look and try all the bells and whistles this site has to offer. Especially the obvious ones.
    I couldn't see the forest for the trees.
    Thanks for pointing out something that was already there right before my eye's. Duh!

8. Gmash

Gmash Android Expert
    None

Feb 3, 2011
    Male
    neither Here nor There
    I never noticed that, either. Pretty cool.

9. AndyOpie150

None

May 13, 2011
    Florida
    Bad thing is, it's probably been there for the whole year I've been a member.