• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Unremovable Nova

Recently I tried to remove nova launcher but I could not uninstall it. I was able to do that with nova prime, though. They weren't working anyway and I needed the space. Are they supposed to be unremovable?

If you boot the device into safe mode you will be able to uninstall the application that you want removed. Safe mode boots the device up like a default device and disables all applications that were installed temporarily. Look up "How to boot (your device) into safe mode" and follow the tutorial. After you have booted into safe mode you can go to the settings and then applications and target the app you want to remove. After you have completed that just turn the device off and on again and it will reboot like normal without the application you uninstalled

Upvote 0
Wait. Lol.. I have built many ROMs with Nova as it's default & only launcher, that way ya have a million launcher based options right from boot. GroundZeroROMs all have them, for instance. So it's highly possible this could be the case, or a zip was flashed that set the launcher into system. Just food for thought..

Upvote 0
Kind of followed along with this thread because I thought it was odd that Nova was unremovable.

Well, today when I was trying to edit an app, Nova stopped.
(Report sent)

Went to the app information page and found that the "Uninstall" option was also not available.
Screenshot_2018-04-26-11-50-43.png

Checked to see if I had made Nova a Phone Administrator...
Negative.
Screenshot_2018-04-26-11-51-17.png

Next questions someone will ask...

Samsung Galaxy S5,
Running stock Android 6.0.1.

Ideas, anyone?

Upvote 0
Kind of followed along with this thread because I thought it was odd that Nova was unremovable.

(Report sent)

Went to the app information page and found that the 'Uninstall' option was also not available.
View attachment 131489

Negative.
View attachment 131490

Samsung Galaxy S5,

Ideas, anyone?

1. Are there any other launchers to choose from?
2. Did you get this phone secondhand or brand new?

Upvote 0

(Report sent)

Went to the app information page and found that the "Uninstall" option was also not available.
View attachment 131489

Negative.
View attachment 131490

Samsung Galaxy S5,

Ideas, anyone?

Uncheck that "macro droid"..

Reactions: bcrichster
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones