• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Unresponsive Touch Screen

Tamerax

Lurker
Oct 21, 2013
Hey all

I have a Samsung Galaxy S II X that just went black a few days ago and when I turned it back on, the touchscreen was no longer responsive. The bottom buttons (the home, back, search, etc) buttons seem to work and be responsive but nothing else. I pulled the battery many times. I flashed the memory and restored the factory defaults but now I'm stuck because I can't go any further with the setup (due to no touchscreen). It does connect to the computer so I was able to back everything up (yay!) but I would like to get this working again.

I didn't drop it but it's about 2 years old and has had issues recently. It's out of warrant so if anyone has any advice or has had this problem and it was specific issue, I'd love to know because I'm willing to make this my little fix-it project (I have a bit of experience fixing small electronics). Is it possible a screen or digitizer issue?

Thanks!!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones