• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Unrevoked 3 Removal Issue

brilor04

Jun 2, 2010
Ok Guys I REALLY need some help with this one. I installed Unrevoked3 (Not the forever version) on my DINC yesterday. At the end of the day my brother ended up with the Droid 2 and long story short we're trading phones. No biggie for me. I find that the physical keyboard helps with NESOID, GENSOID, SNESOID, etc. Anyways...

So I backed up all my SD and internal phone memory to my Mac and then hit settings/privacy/factory reset. It went through it's thing and it came back up with the same custom wallpaper that I had had on there. The apps were gone but shortcuts were left on the home screens, call history was still there, Superuser was still there, search history in the Market was still there and a few other things were still there (I think my contacts were still there).

How do I completely remove revoked3 and reset the DINC back to factory reset? I looked at this guys post http://androidforums.com/all-things...er-nandroid-adfree-animation-remove-apps.html and he has a section on reverting back. So I downloaded the folder and put on my SD but there are a bunch of options to choose from like FASTBOOT, RECOVERY, etc. and I tried RECOVERY and still nothing. His step by step for reverting back is kinda vague. Kinda a noob when it comes to rooting and just want it gone.

PLEASE HELP!!

-brilor04

This should help you return the phone to complete stock. Your only looking at steps 1 through 4 under "rooted".

[ROM]*07/27 Leaked OTA* Stock 2.2 with Sense [SOME BUGS!!] - xda-developers

But does your brother not want the phone rooted? Why not leave it? What you could do to reset to factory but still include root is:

-Turn phone off
-Hold vol down + power
-Vol down to select recovery then push power
-Once in recovery, use the trackpad to select wipe cache then wipe data/factory reset

Upvote 0
Well one of the only real issues I guess with this is that the Market doesn't work because when we did the hard reset, it reset so he could input his google account when we clicked on Gmail, however, without the initial setup that comes along with a hard reset, now he can't use the Market because it's still linked to my email account and doesn't recognize his. So I COULD do the reset and then do it again. The root was super easy however it's kinda a pain to get rid of. Will this Unroot get rid of the Superuser Permissions app?

Upvote 0
Will this Unroot get rid of the Superuser Permissions app?

Yes, your phone will look exactly like it did when it came out of the box. The only exception to what I just said is if your phone came with the initial OTA installed. After applying this image you will then recieve an OTA. (not the new one everyone is waiting for).

Reactions: brilor04
Upvote 0
You know, I think the issue is when I downloaded the zip file that I found online last night which is exactly this same file, I put the whole "downgrade" folder on the SD card and I should've probably just put the .zip file that was in the folder directly in it. Prob why when I rebooted with the volume button and power button it didn't find it. I'll try tonight and let everyone know. Thanks a ton edbro!

Upvote 0
Since you have already copied everything off of your sd card you need to use your computer to reformat your card to fat32, put only the pb31img.zip at the root of the sd card, volume down and power to boot into recovery and when it ask you, press volume up to install, when it's done your phone will be completely stock.
Easy enough to re root after if you want.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones