• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Unrevoked and 2.2

jlh4480

Jul 6, 2010
Hello again guys,

I have only had my EVO a few weeks, and will be the first to admit I do not really understand how root works. However, I added Unrevoked so that I could use SetCPU to underclock my EVO thus saving some battery life. However, when I try to update to 2.2, i get the white caution emblem with the yellow exclamation point. I'm fine with the way my phone is running on 2.1 and have went this long without 2.2. If I am patient, will there be an easy fix to keep my Unrevoked and update to 2.2? If not, I would really appreciate some suggestions on what I need to do. Any negative effects to remaining on 2.1 in the meantime?

If you are content with what you have there are no ill effects of staying on 2.1 for a while longer. I don't know anything about a possible solution to your problem but staying with 2.1 won't cause any new problems. I assume that the Unrevoked team will have a new root process up whenever they get it completed though.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones