• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Unrevoked dosent work with 1.47.651... help?

I updated to version : 1.47.651, the other week and since then i have not been able to use unrevoked to partially root. ive looked through a lot of posts, and i haven't really found a solution yet. then again im kinda new at this.

anyone have any ideas?

The old unRevoked method doesn't work for the latest OTA... Use unRevoked 3. I just rooted my friend's incredible using that and it was fast and easy. I recommend full root though...

Upvote 0
ok so i rooted using Revoked v3 and as far as i know it worked. I do have the super user app installed, and also have the custom recovery installed. I can confirm that wireless tether is working but im having problems with Titanium Backup...it says that I do not have rooted privileges...what did I do wrong??
Unrevoked DOES NOT FULLY UNLOCK NAND.So if you which to be fully rooted and have full privileges I recomend u go ahead and do a Simple Root its just as easy as Unrevoked only difference is that ur phone will be fully unlocked including NAND.

Upvote 0
ok so i rooted using Revoked v3 and as far as i know it worked. I do have the super user app installed, and also have the custom recovery installed. I can confirm that wireless tether is working but im having problems with Titanium Backup...it says that I do not have rooted privileges...what did I do wrong??

You did nothing wrong... when you open Titanium Backup, there will be a "Problems?" button on the bottom of the screen. Tap it and it should display a prompt saying that it will install the latest busybox utility. Accept the install and it should work after the application restarts.

Unrevoked DOES NOT FULLY UNLOCK NAND.So if you which to be fully rooted and have full privileges I recomend u go ahead and do a Simple Root its just as easy as Unrevoked only difference is that ur phone will be fully unlocked including NAND.

Nand has nothing to do with Titanium Backup and SU Perms.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones