1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Unrevoked FOREVER

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Daft Punk, Aug 10, 2010.

1. Daft Punk

Daft Punk Android Enthusiast

2. GirlGoneGeek

GirlGoneGeek Well-Known Member

I saw that on Twitter today and it made my morning. CAN. NOT. WAIT.

3. Jim M

Jim M Lurker

4. anon

anon Newbie

Same here. I will be checking that website every five minutes, kinda like I tracked my EVO after I got my tracking number.

5. gama

gama Lurker

Yes unrevoked forever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This rocks will be checking every minute.............................:)

6. novox77

novox77 Leeeroy Jennnkinnns!

This is definitely positive news. I hope they incorporate the NAND unlock. They've gotten so much abuse for that. And frankly, it's the source of most of the rooting frustration I've seen.

7. flyjbaker

flyjbaker Android Expert

8. anon

anon Newbie

9. Daft Punk

Daft Punk Android Enthusiast

nope....**** unrevoked. LOL

10. 77vices

77vices Lurker

dammit! r u kidding me? i jus got my hopes up for nothing. so this is for people who have one of the 2.2 roms? Im still on 2.1 cuz i dont want the official 2.2 update and not be able to root for eternity and i'm a lil shaky about using a 2.2 rom what with all the people saying 4g or camera doesnt work afterward (aside from the fear of bricking my evo)....*sigh* I grow closer and closer to jus saying f*ck it and downloading the 2.2 ota.....I wish there was a one-click 2.2 rom. That would make things a little more easy

11. eyeballer

eyeballer Member

Well if this pans out like it seems, in theory you should be able to apply unrevoked forever, and then do the OTA and remain rooted (if I understand correctly), so it's exactly what you want.

Although, I don't know why you don't root your 2.1, then apply one of the stock rooted 2.2 roms, they seem to work just fine from what I've read.

12. 77vices

77vices Lurker

Meh, I was rooted until the June ota and haven't been able to simple root since. That's really all I want

13. hperry

hperry Member

had to go to the site to see if that was a custom edit or actually from the unrevoked team. awesome.

14. larry54321

larry54321 Newbie

unrevoked 3 kicks ass. my evo rooted 2.1 . then installed rooted 2.2
    [​IMG] [Official OTA][Updated 08/06/10] HTC Stock Froyo 3.26.651.6 [Rooted][Deodex'd] it is absolutely perfect. everything works perfect. excellent battery , wimax works if you want a rooted stock rom. this is the one!! been using it for 3 days. try it let me kmow what you think. Oh yea here is the link. [Official OTA][Updated 08/06/10] HTC Stock Froyo 3.26.651.6 [Rooted][Deodex'd] - HTCPedia.com forums no need for the new unrevoked if you have 2.1. use unrevoked3 and rom manager and your good to go

15. Jack Daniels

Jack Daniels Well-Known Member

lol bricked Phones

16. One Beast

One Beast Android Enthusiast

Yea lol not a good way to advertise their new product lol

17. Roadblock

Roadblock Well-Known Member

Yeah but you gotta admit, it's kinda funny they have a sense of humor about it.

That said, they were the first ones to get some form of root on these phones so give them a little credit.

18. Jack Daniels

Jack Daniels Well-Known Member

true they were but i'm still not sure it's the best way i went simple root

19. CRPercodani

CRPercodani OFWGKTA

This is one of the best developments to happen. Unlocking the SPL guarantees we will never lose root no matter what OTA we accept.

20. 77vices

77vices Lurker

okay so im one of the ones who got suckered into downloading the june ota update and i had simple root so currently i am 2.1 eclair with the june ota on my phone thus i am not rooted anymore. i have not done the 2.2 update from sprint. so i guess what my question narrows down to is this-if i download this unrevoked forever will it fix my inability to root 2.1? and if im understanding the info correctly, i will be able to download the official 2.2 update and not have to worry about not being able to root? basically will this UF help me in any way judging the current status of my phone?

21. Rdot9

Rdot9 Member

i believe you have to be rooted.... just root through simpleroot, use a rooted 2.2 ROM, then you will be able to do this "unrevoked forever" deal.

22. larry54321

larry54321 Newbie

unrevoked 3 will root your updated 2.1. it did mine. now im running rooted ota froyo

23. boliviano3

boliviano3 Member

If your still on 2.1 why not just root with SimpleRoot, it's a one click root

HTC EVO 4G Forum

The HTC EVO 4G release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews