• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root unrEVOked question

XikkeN

Aug 4, 2010
After I run unrEVOked 3.2 and become rooted am I done? I want to stay with the stock ROM, but I want to delete the bloatware and install the root only apps. That's all I want to do.

And just to be clear, everything will work since I'm on the stock ROM right?

After I run unrEVOked 3.2 and become rooted am I done? I want to stay with the stock ROM, but I want to delete the bloatware and install the root only apps. That's all I want to do.

And just to be clear, everything will work since I'm on the stock ROM right?
I do not believe the new unrevoked actually flashed a rooted ROM. While your phone is rooted and you have the ability to now flash new Roms, I think the stock Rom stays on there so you would need to flash the rooted version of the ROM.

Somebody correct me if I am wrong.

Upvote 0
Download Titanium Backup from the market and then you can use the Backup button at the top to delete the junk you don't want.

i would advise against the delete statement as i did that and developed issues which i think are unresolvable. instead of delete or uninstall i would use the freeze option. seems a safer choice to go in the beginning

Upvote 0
i would advise against the delete statement as i did that and developed issues which i think are unresolvable. instead of delete or uninstall i would use the freeze option. seems a safer choice to go in the beginning

Well you probably deleted apks that were required for the system to function properly. Here is a list of apps that are safe to remove: [WIP -9/13/10] /system/app APK's - Safe to remove list and functions - xda-developers. There are other lists but I think this one is the most comprehensive.

hellcatt - you can always restore the apks through Titanium backup and if that doesn't work, reflashing the ROM will definitely resolve your issues... I don't even think a wipe would be required.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones