• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Unrevoked waiting for device

The reflash_package.exe is not an extractable file. It is an application file. Are you talking about the drivers you had to download originally to get your pc to see/communicate with your phone?

At any rate, what is the file name exactly that you downloaded from unrevoked?
If you right click on the file and click properties it should give you a pop up and under file type it should say application(.exe)

If that is what you have, try and run it now(double click it), wait for it to start and say "waiting for phone" on the bottom of the window. Make sure you have debugging on and charging only, plug your phone in and you should get a popup with an "OK" button at the bottom. Click that and sit back and relax for a few minutes while it sets your phone free :)

Upvote 0
ok I do that but it says rooting, and then rebooting, and waiting for reboot, but then my phone reboots and it just starts the process over again....the first time I did it when I was following the video I was ablw to open the exe. reflash package that actually contained the file evo reflash, and that was the app that actually took my phone into bootloader(like the unlockr video) but now its just the exe. package and when I run that it goes into the conitinuous cycle I described

Upvote 0
It should reboot your phone a couple of times then say "Done" at the bottom of the window. After that, reboot to hboot(power off then hold volume down and power at the same time. See if you have s-off

I think you were using an older version of Unrevoked. I recall having to do the same things with the usb toggle in hboot when I did mine. The program now is much simpler and does it all on its own once started

Upvote 0
I don't know, Ive gotten a few different messages after it rebooting a couple of times. One said connection interrupted when I didn't touch anything, and the other said "this was a triumph" and said uninstalling unrevoked 3

edit: and as I was typing that It said done and somehow says s-off now, so do I just fast boot and its done?

Upvote 0
Great! I think you were running an older version of Unrevoked and it wasn't able to root your hboot. Glad you got it. Don't forget to make a nandroid back up before you make any changes to your phone. The rooting for dummies guide has a lot of info for after rooting so you should take a look. Any more questions, feel free to ask.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones