• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root unrEVOked3 Rooting Issue

I recently got a Incredible and i have been having issues trying to root. I followed these instructions (http://androidforums.com/incredible...ked-3-rooting-stock-incredible-evo-2-2-a.html) to the letter and when i run unrEVOked3 it does nothing. I did follow the driver instructions exactly and what i saw in device manager matches the screenshots in the instructions. I am using a Win7 64 machine.

The exact issues is that when i run unrEVOked3 it does nothing except show the message "failed to kill adb service". I have searched and this is the closes thing i can find to my issue (Unrevoked "failed to kill adb service" - xda-developers). Except that adb.exe is not running in task manager.

I am not new to rooting, i have successfully rooted my droid Eris and my droid X without any issue. I was actually hoping to find another method than using unrEVOked3 but i would be just as happy if i could get it to work. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have quadruple checked everything and I still can not get it to work. Attached is a screenshot of where i am stuck. It just stays on this screen. Do I need to use the custom recovery and get a pre-rooted image file?

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    53.5 KB · Views: 39
Upvote 0
I'd say try another computer or boot into a Linux live CD ( www.pendrivelinux.com )

Ill try this Win 7 32bit labtop i got lying around and a Linux netbook if that does not work. I was thinking that the problem may be all the stuff i did to my Eris. I bet the ADB drivers are messing it up. I did delete them and use the correct ones but it still just sits on that screen. Ill report back once i try it on the other computers.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones