1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root unrEVOked3 Rooting Issue

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by SomeOldHobo, Oct 7, 2011.

1. SomeOldHobo

SomeOldHobo Lurker
    None

Jul 3, 2010
    I recently got a Incredible and i have been having issues trying to root. I followed these instructions (http://androidforums.com/incredible...ked-3-rooting-stock-incredible-evo-2-2-a.html) to the letter and when i run unrEVOked3 it does nothing. I did follow the driver instructions exactly and what i saw in device manager matches the screenshots in the instructions. I am using a Win7 64 machine.

The exact issues is that when i run unrEVOked3 it does nothing except show the message "failed to kill adb service". I have searched and this is the closes thing i can find to my issue (Unrevoked "failed to kill adb service" - xda-developers). Except that adb.exe is not running in task manager.

I am not new to rooting, i have successfully rooted my droid Eris and my droid X without any issue. I was actually hoping to find another method than using unrEVOked3 but i would be just as happy if i could get it to work. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisement

2. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Android Expert
    None

Aug 5, 2010
    Male
    PA
  3. SomeOldHobo

SomeOldHobo Lurker
    None

Jul 3, 2010
    I have quadruple checked everything and I still can not get it to work. Attached is a screenshot of where i am stuck. It just stays on this screen. Do I need to use the custom recovery and get a pre-rooted image file?

Attached Files:

• 1.jpg
      1.jpg
      File size:
      53.5 KB
      Views:
  4. SomeOldHobo

SomeOldHobo Lurker
    None

Jul 3, 2010
    Ill try this Win 7 32bit labtop i got lying around and a Linux netbook if that does not work. I was thinking that the problem may be all the stuff i did to my Eris. I bet the ADB drivers are messing it up. I did delete them and use the correct ones but it still just sits on that screen. Ill report back once i try it on the other computers.

5. SomeOldHobo

SomeOldHobo Lurker
    None

Jul 3, 2010
    So using my labtop worked perfectly. It must have been some driver issue with htc sink (which i removed) and all of the driver i ever installed for my Eris.