• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root unrEVOked3 vs. forever?

My goal:
Root, and flash myn's rs4
Best was unrEVOked 3.22
then clockwork to download and install rom?

If you're new to rooting, flashing, etc., I'd recommend using ROM Manager (until you're comfortable manually booting and navigating in recovery) to begin with to download and flash Myn's Warm RLS4.

Out of curiosity, which hboot/build version is your phone (ie: 00.97, 3.30.xxx.x)?

Upvote 0
I thought the difference between the two were one unlocks nand and the other does not?

I say this only cuz I used UnRevoked3, originally to root my Evo, but just recently unlocked Nand using their Forever patch.

Sort of. By default, unrevoked3 includes unrevoked forever for the Evo, Incredible, and the Desire (CDMA). The purpose of unrevoked3 is to give you a custom recovery and it will also root your rom, but it also gives you s-off via unrevoked forever. I believe you can disable it if you want, to give you partial root (don't flash unrevoked forever, and leave s-on). There's also been a problem lately where the unrevoked forever included in unrevoked3 isn't flashing correctly after clockwork has been flashed. People have had to flash it manually.

Upvote 0
Thanks for all of help here guys, I did root the phone. I also was one of the people that had to flash forever on my own. It scared me at first, seeing the words aborted.....fail... on your screen not a pretty site. lol. Anyway's all is good THANKS to all. Thumbs up to Frenchy for the 1am help!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones