• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Unroot and return to stock?

silentmage

Lurker
Mar 17, 2012
Can this be done with a broken recovery? I have tried to flash the update.zip from cruz but my recovery doesn't work. When I boot to it all I get is the android with the exclamation mark. I followed this guide to try and get the market on it and it worked to install, but now I can't download anything and can only install apps by pushing via ADB. This is a gift for someone so I don't expect them to to that. is there a way to maybe flash a system.img or the original recovery without recovery?

If you can't get the stock ROM to flash again, you could try the SJHill 3.0 ROM on SlateDroid. It takes an SD card & 10 minutes to get installed & made this cheap, little tablet a usable device for me. Sped it up & got rid of the bloatware. If you didn't like the ROM, you could attempt to flash back to stock after putting it on, which should go more smoothly.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones