1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Unroot Desire, bootloader problems

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by sjoerd93, Jun 7, 2011.

1. sjoerd93

sjoerd93 Lurker
    None

Jan 1, 2011
    Hey,

I rooted my HTC Desire some months ago.
    Since the Desire will get the Android 2.3 update, I would like to unroot it. Since rooted devices won't get OTA updates.

However, I got some problems with my bootloader version.
    I installed a RUU version and it gives error 140, bootloader error.

The problem is because my bootloader has version 0.93, a solution would be installing another RUU-version.
    The only version that's compatible with bootloader version 0.93 I could find was an Asian one.
    My question is: Can is safely install an Asian RUU, or will it give me Asian signs everywhere? (That's kinda what I'm expecting)
    And does anyone know where I can find another RUU that actually is usefull here?
    (I live in the Netherlands, my provider is Vodafone. I've already made a Goldcard)

Thanks in advance,

Sjoerd

P.S.
    I used this method to root:
    http://theunlockr.com/2010/09/20/how-to-root-the-htc-desire-unrevoked-method/
    I believe I didn't get S-OFF.

Advertisement

2. SUroot

SUroot Extreme Android User
    None

May 25, 2010
    UK Technical Lead; Desktop Support
    Riddlesden, West Yorkshire, UK
    Most of the latest RUU's are compatible.

You could try the world wide english one (2.29.405.5) but you will need a goldcard if you havent already. Then at least you will be unbranded and get the OTA (IF IT WORKS FOR DEBRANDED DEVICES) before vodafone release it.

Of course, you could just flash a Gingerbread Sense custom ROM right now..

Theres no certainty with OTA updates as the last one wouldnt work on debranded devices, so we will have to see. If there is no voda NL RUU (I cant find one) then nothing may be ideal for you. But why lose root?

Tags: