1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Support Unroot how to

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dustlane, Aug 5, 2013.

1. dustlane

dustlane Lurker

My son just got an LG Optimus G (AT&T) after using an iphone for a while. The guy he got the phone from had rooted it. The phone itself is like new but, due to the root, it will not play back videos, settings don't work correctly. Basically it is sick. And my son is in tears because the phone he traded worked perfectly. I would like to get it back to its stock out of the box form for him. I have looked everywhere online and I can't find any help. There are plenty of topics out there but none of them end with anyone having positive results. Something always fails and then the person who posted the "instructions" never responds to the issues people are having. So I am hoping someone on here can give me some step by step directions on how to get his phone back to stock. Can LG get it back to stock if I send it to them? Any idea how much they charge? Thanks a million!!

Advertisement

2. matt832

matt832 Member

I've rooted a lot of phones, this does not sound like an issue from rooting. It sounds like a bad ROM or a bad ROM flash. I assume you reset the phone back to factory and that did no good, correct? Look for the stock ROM online and try flashing that.

Tags: