• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Unroot HTC Desire - Help!

I bought htc desire s sence 2.3 from Kuwait but later I learned that phone was brought by retailer from Italy , it's not branded .I rooted it and still has same rom, but what I did ..I removed stock and weather and news by app remover.

Can you tell me where I can find rom for it and how can I unrootb.?

Was your original desire branded? What carrier / network? What country?

Why do you want to unroot can I ask?

I'm a geek, not a nerd.

Upvote 0
I bought htc desire s sence 2.3 from Kuwait but later I learned that phone was brought by retailer from Italy , it's not branded .I rooted it and still has same rom, but what I did ..I removed stock and weather and news by app remover.

Can you tell me where I can find rom for it and how can I unrootb.?

Upvote 0
I bought it from eureka Kuwait .and then I was looking for help to read Arabic messages , I called htc and they told me that your device is from Italy not middle east.it was new for sure..but eureka took from there. It's not built for any particular service provider. It has android version 2.3.3 and htc sence 2.1.
Being new to android and there is no help available in market ( shops) I did all myself and didn't knew that or how to create backup copy before removing stock etc..afterwards I made copy but stock is missing..I need original ruu to unroot it just to get original updates (ota )

QUOTE=sabkt;3541960]I bought htc desire s sence 2.3 from Kuwait but later I learned that phone was brought by retailer from Italy , it's not branded .I rooted it and still has same rom, but what I did ..I removed stock and weather and news by app remover.

Can you tell me where I can find rom for it and how can I unrootb.?[/QUOTE]

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones