1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Unroot LG G3

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by zuhair_daji, Oct 7, 2014.

1. zuhair_daji

zuhair_daji Lurker

Hi. I am new to rooting because I have never had the need to root any of my past phones. I have rooted my LG G3 to get the dual window.
    However If along the line. I want to unroot my phone, Will I just need to factory reset my phone as the only change I have made is in the build of the dual window as i have no intention to put a custom rom? Also will i still receive OTA updates?
    Thanks for your help in advance
    Zuhair

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ±
    VIP Member

Welcome Zuhair:)
    If you decide to unroot, there are methods depending on your carrier;)
    As far as OTA updates, I believe if you accept them while rooted, the update will either unroot you, or fail to install...not sure :hmmmm:

Factory reset alone will not unroot you, it will just wipe out your apps and settings and account from the device.

3. zuhair_daji

zuhair_daji Lurker

What is the best way to unroot my device? Will it leave any trace of my phone being rooted?

4. Mikestony

Mikestony ~30% Carbon Black ±
    VIP Member

5. baylakedrive

baylakedrive Member

Hi I have rooted my G3 as well and I have now done all my tweaks, so this may sound dumb but if I unroot my phone will I loose all my tweaks or will they stay as is ????

6. markfm

markfm Member

They'll be lost, AFAIK. The restoring to stock is a kill-and-fill replacement of what you have with a factory software load.

Mikestony likes this.

LG G3 Forum

The LG G3 release date was June 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.5" inch screen, 13MP camera, 2/3GB RAM, Snapdragon 801 processor, and 3000mAh battery.

June 2014
Release Date
Reviews