1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Root Unroot question

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by zach39, Dec 2, 2013.

1. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

pretty much:)

Advertisement

2. zach39

zach39 Newbie

ok I think I ran into a bit of a problem.......I downloaded the wrong file. and now that im looking at it I don't see a file with the same radio as mine, mine is 1.12.11.1210, the only close one is 1.12.11.1119 will that work? there is also one that is 1.12.11.0809.

3. ocnbrze

nope that will not work. ruu's are not backwards compatible.....they are used to update the phone so you can't use that ruu. i do not think that there is a ruu for your radio.......at the time when i wrote this guide there was no updates to add in.

you have the 3.16 firmware which is the second to the last update the phone has received.

are you s-on or off? if s-on then there is not much you can do other then flash a stock rom and re-lock the bootloader.

if you are s-off then you can easily downgrade your radios by flashing an older firmware.

4. zach39

zach39 Newbie

I relocked the bootloader :( I hit full unroot on super su too. this makes me a sad panda. hopefully they will not check to see the tampered mark when I try to trade in the phone.

5. ocnbrze

as long as your on stock they will not notice.....i just handed my phone in to the salesperson and proceeded to purchase my note 3......there was no checking on the phone or anything.

6. zach39

zach39 Newbie

ok good I hope they don't. thank you again for helping me I really appreciate it. I am sorry it was pretty much a waste of your time.

ocnbrze likes this.
  7. ocnbrze

i could have save us time by asking at the beginning.....but oh well.....let us know how it went and how you like your new phone.

zach39 likes this.
  8. zach39

zach39 Newbie

sorry about that. but I will. how is the note 3? it was between that and the nexus 5 still like 60/40 about it lol

ocnbrze likes this.
  9. ocnbrze

i love it!!!!!!!

it has a big beautiful screen and the battery life is amazing!!!!!!!!

no complaints from me;)

10. zach39

zach39 Newbie

I told myself I would leave this alone but now its bugging me lol ok, I was trying to re-unlock the bootloader via htc dev but for some odd reason when I plug in my phone in fastboot mode my computer will not recognize it, any idea as to why it wont?

11. ocnbrze

Do you have htc sync installed still?

12. zach39

zach39 Newbie

no I do not. I installed it last night to see if it would recognize it. it did recognize it when it was on but when I went into fastboot it wouldn't detect it at all still. my computer just says it cant recognize the device. I downloaded the new drivers and everything thinking that could have been the problem but every time I try to update them it says they are the most up to date drivers.

13. ocnbrze

I would install htc sync and see if that worked our not.

14. zach39

zach39 Newbie

I figured it out idk how lol but im back to stock rooted with the bootloader unlocked. I tried to flash a new radio to flash cm11 but for some reason I couldn't get it to work lol

15. ocnbrze

You have to be s-off in order to flash firmware(radio).

16. zach39

zach39 Newbie

I thought that was what "unlocked" was? man maybe idk what I am doing at all haha

17. ocnbrze

No unlocked is just that with the bootloader......if you look at the bootloader the second line will say if you are s-on or s-off.....s-off is synonymous with turning your securities off.

18. zach39

zach39 Newbie

ahh ok I see it now. well that sucks. now I kind of want to just get cm 11 with 4.4 lol but im scared ill screw it up

19. ocnbrze

Yeah you will need to get s-off to try Kit Kat.

We do have s-off with moonshine or rumrunner....they are pretty straight forward......you just need to read and ask questions if you have them before attempting them.

20. zach39

zach39 Newbie

which would you say is easiest way to get s-off?

21. ocnbrze

Well moonshine should work for you with your radio's.......while rumrunner, you will need to re-lock the bootloader accept the ota to get to 3.17 firmware, re-unlock the bootloader and run rumrunner.

So that is your choice which one.......lol