1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Unroot, return, get new phone. Help!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by redraptor, Feb 6, 2011.

1. redraptor

redraptor Android Enthusiast

Ok guys, so ive been having nothing but complete trouble and frustration simply trying to mount my damn SD card, and Ive had it. I bought this phone because I wanted the damn thing to work right, and im sick to death of simply jumping through hoops to get the thing to work correctly. So im planning on unrooting, going back to stock, taking back to the verizon store and demanding a Droid X or Incredible. Im sorry but with the amount of BS that Ive had to go through with this phone, Im ready to almost leave Verizon all together.

Anywho I just need to know what I have to do to revert the phone back to its original state. I want nothing to show that this was rooted so I can finally be happy and get something that actually works. I hate to lose all my photos and everything but its a small price to pay to make up for one hell of a bad experiance with a phone. Im done.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. saps

saps Extreme Android User

We'll miss you red, but its your call.
    [ODIN] Full DI01 ODIN Package - xda-developers odin the file right at the top of the OP and you will be unrooted and stock DI01. In 4 minutes or so.
    Best of luck to you in the future. Dont be a stranger :)

3. redraptor

Yep I actually Got it all taken care of. I plan on going in first thing in the morning and razing hell..I mean be polite and courteous ha ha. But seriously, Im just sick of all the crap that ive had to go through with this phone. Im ready to have a phone that actually does everything that it is supposed to do out of the box and is a bit more "user friendly"(Im thinking an incredible). Im not afraid to say that I dont know shit when it comes to computers, but I know when I get too far in over my head and when to bug out. I dunno what that means, Im just tired. Ha ha But in all honesty, I dont want to lose the phone, its a great device when it works, its just too bad I was happy with it for less than half the time I had it. One thing I cant replace is you guys though, and thats why Ill talk and stop in from time to time. You guys are to awesome to just leave :p And thank you saps for all the help! Its been an experiance and a half ha ha

4. saps

saps Extreme Android User

You might be a soon to be ex-SF owner but friends are friends regardless of what phone they got. Let's call a horse a horse 80% of everyone reading this including myself will be off the SF probably in the next 12 months so. I mean the bottom line is everyone needs to be content with their phone and if for whatever reason you aren't find a solution. Now do I believe we/I could walk you thru the install process for Froyo right now in 10 minutes? Yes. I do believe there's a 90% chance you'll love Froyo on the SF and finally be content? Yes. But I understand there is a 100% chance that sometimes people just make decisions and thats that. So all the best in the future but do go into whatever phone you go to next with some degree of eyes wide open. There is no perfect phone and everything will probably have something what makes you go wtf?

If you do wanna give the SF last chance and a try on the Froyo and need any direct help at all, please PM me I'd be happy to exchange direct contact info and personally walk you thru the set-up. Im calling it a night so think about it and decide in the morning. Believe me if we can't get you right and happy on Froyo I will encourage you move off the SF.

5. redraptor

I absolutly agree with you saps. Its more of a principal matter than anything else. I bought this phone and continue to pay verizon to have this phone be what it says to be. Instead I have to wait for more than half of my contract to get everything out of the device that was promised from the begining and what was on other devices 6-8 months ago. And im still waiting. On top of that I essentially have to become a computer know-it-all to get what I really want (and what I thought I was originally getting) out of it. Dont get me wrong, it has been an amazing learning experiance, and it was very interesting to learn and understand these things. But all this work and all this frustration over a device that just wont cooperated with me? No thanks. Its just not worth the time or effort.

Samsung Fascinate Forum

The Samsung Fascinate release date was Q3 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, GB RAM, Hummingbird processor, and 1500mAh battery.

Q3 2010
Release Date
Reviews