• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Unroot to upgrade and pass phone to wife?

Spart

May 21, 2010
I've got a rooted Dinc, with CM7, been trying many different ROM's over the past year or so. Well I have an upgrade available, and my wife's phone died, and she's wanting me to upgrade so she can have mine. Just wondering if I need to downgrade to stock for when she get's it. I guess it really wouldn't matter, especially if she did it at the mall or something at one of those little kiosks or something. They probably wouldn't even know the difference right?

I've got a rooted Dinc, with CM7, been trying many different ROM's over the past year or so. Well I have an upgrade available, and my wife's phone died, and she's wanting me to upgrade so she can have mine. Just wondering if I need to downgrade to stock for when she get's it. I guess it really wouldn't matter, especially if she did it at the mall or something at one of those little kiosks or something. They probably wouldn't even know the difference right?

just dial *228 or switch it online. you dont need to involve a store. leave it rooted and flash a stock based rom if she doesnt want to use cm7.

Upvote 0

No reason to unroot to upgrade. You just go in and tell them you want a new phone. Unless you want them to transfer your contacts or something they shouldn't need to touch your old phone. Then, just give your old inc to the wife. She just needs to call in, give them the ESN, and activate it on her line.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones