1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Unroot/Unbrick your Samsung Galaxy Avant

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Masterchief87, Nov 11, 2014.

1. Masterchief87

Masterchief87 Android Expert

Here is a link to a site with full instructions to re-flash the stock firmware for your Galaxy Avant via Odin.
    http://www.androidofficer.com/2014/07/g386tuvu1anfd-android-442-uvu1anfd.html?m=1

Sammobile now has all the firmware versions for both MetroPCS and T-Mobile Avants.
    As always I am not responsible for anything that may go wrong with your phone. You flash this firmware at your own risk. Make sure your battery is well charged and that you are using a good usb cable so the process doesn't get interrupted.

j03lpr86 was nice enough to upload the G386TUVU1ANK3 and G386T1UVU1ANK3 firmwares for both MetroPCS and T-Mobile to Android File Host which is pretty awesome since downloading the firmwares from sammobile can take an hour or more. Here is a link
    https://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=23836

#1 Masterchief87, Nov 11, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2015
    Simo Avant, brian soto and bhmm like this.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. bhmm

bhmm Lurker

Thanks for this. I will try it right away.

3. rootinghaven

rootinghaven Android Enthusiast

This might help out

Attached Files:

4. nowayjose

nowayjose Newbie

That link dont work smh well that one on here does but then i click the link nd try do download the firmware nd i get a 404 error web page

5. Masterchief87

You can get the latest firmwares for both MetroPCS and T-Mobile from herehttps://www.androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=23836
    j03lpr86 was nice enough to upload them to android file host so it would be easier for everyone to get their hands on them. I'll update the OP with the new link.

6. nowayjose

nowayjose Newbie

Thanks to both of yu nd i download the metro pcs file nd then the odin zip file right

7. Masterchief87

Download both files then extract both of them to whatever directory you want. Make sure that your phone has at least 60% battery and that your usb cable doesnt have any defects. Run Odin and click on PDA or AP (which one of these options you see depends on whether you are using Odinv3-07 or Odinv3-09) and select firmware you extracted earlier. The filename will end with .tar.md5
    Make sure that only the "auto reboot" and "f reset time" checkboxes on the left are selected. If any other boxes are checked there is a possibility of bricking the phone.
    Next power your Avant off then boot into download mode by holding power+home+volume down for 4 to 8 seconds. When you see the warning on the screen, press volume up to continue into download mode. Pressing volume down will cancel and reboot the phone. Once the phone has booted into download mode go ahead and connect it to the computer via USB. You should hear a noise when you connect the phone and a message should appear in the text box on the left saying to wait while the program checks the md5 file. Once this is done the word "added"should appear in the text box. You are now ready to flash the firmware. Just click on "start" to flash the firmware. When the flashing process has completed your phone will reboot and then you can disconnect the USB.

8. nowayjose

nowayjose Newbie

Okay thanks alot for the help nd i have a question dus twrp work with this phone? Nd also i installed xposed installer it was working but my phone died nd turned of when i turned it back on it says It says its not active but i already installed it nd ill reboot it but still get the same thing any idea why?

9. Masterchief87

Open the xposed installer app and select framework then install/update. After you have done that navigate to the modules page and make sure that the modules you want to use are checked, then reboot.

10. nowayjose

nowayjose Newbie

Yea i did that already it was working good but my phone died nd turned off nd when i turned it on it said that Its not active idk why nd ill reboot it but still says the same nd it shows the green numbers 58 nd 54

11. Masterchief87

I was saying to re-install Xposed framework and reactivate the modules then reboot. If you have already done this then you need to uninstall Xposed installer and all your modules then start over.

viperdink likes this.
  12. nowayjose

nowayjose Newbie

Yea i decided to do that now it works thanks alot for yur help

13. Masterchief87

14. HeaT

HeaT Newbie

After flashing the latest tmo firmware, will I still be able to flash TWRP and make a backup? I lost my backup on my PC as the HD died

15. Masterchief87

Yes you can still flash twrp and root again. I've reflashed both firmwares countless times cause I'm always messing with stuff and its never caused a problem.

viperdink likes this.
  16. HeaT

HeaT Newbie

I thought so seeing as it replaces Everything (recovery, radio) then just reflashing the recovery. Thanks for the reassurance tho, I'm surprised there's not a stock ROM for it yet

17. Masterchief87

I actually have a flashable stock T-Mobile rom. I can upload it if you want.
    --edit-- Its done uploading now and I'm about to test and make sure it didn't get corrupted.
    --edit#2-- T-Mobile and MetroPCS stock ROMs uploaded and posted in separate threads.

#17 Masterchief87, Apr 17, 2015
    Last edited: May 2, 2015
  18. PixelLite

PixelLite Lurker

id like to thank you greatly for this... i was shitting bricks (haha get it?) because i bricked my phone and got stuck on boot loop.. but then i saw the CHIEF! lol.. na but thanks bro this shit saved my ass big time

Masterchief87 likes this.
  19. darkPSY

darkPSY Lurker

Can i flash this with twrp?

20. Blu8

Blu8 Android Expert

No you would have to use odin.

darkPSY likes this.
  21. codyedmonson

codyedmonson Android Enthusiast

Think we could get this stickied? To help new people out?

Blu8 likes this.
  22. trhanks a lot guys!! this save my ass!!! thank you thank you thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

23. brian soto

brian soto Lurker

i need help! anyone

24. Masterchief87

If you want help you need to provide us with some information. You can start by telling me exactly what is wrong and exactly what you did to mess things up.

biggdogg likes this.
  25. Simo Avant

Simo Avant Lurker

The "androidofficer" link is broken but the "androidfilehost" is working fine

Samsung Galaxy Avant Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Avant release date was July 2014. Features and Specs include a 4.5" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1.5GB RAM, Snapdragon 400 processor, and 2100mAh battery.

July 2014
Release Date
Reviews