• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Unroot without cable ? How ??

apfolmer

Lurker
Dec 29, 2011
I think my sgs2 is very unstable with the rooting ..
i dont see anything that i should use the rooted phone to, (just wanted to see how i did it) , and now i want to go back to 100% ogiginal stock.

Is it possible to put update file on the SD card, and UNROOT with the Clockwork mod thing bit restarting phone in this mode, WITHOU the usb cable (this i lost) ?

my phone :
GT-I9100
Android 2.3.3
Kernel : 2.6.35.7-I9100XWKF3-CL276555
Build : gingerbread.XWKF3

So.. can i somewhere download UNROOT-update file for the clockwork to use ???? help :(

I think my sgs2 is very unstable with the rooting ..
i dont see anything that i should use the rooted phone to, (just wanted to see how i did it) , and now i want to go back to 100% ogiginal stock.

Is it possible to put update file on the SD card, and UNROOT with the Clockwork mod thing bit restarting phone in this mode, WITHOU the usb cable (this i lost) ?

my phone :
GT-I9100
Android 2.3.3
Kernel : 2.6.35.7-I9100XWKF3-CL276555
Build : gingerbread.XWKF3

So.. can i somewhere download UNROOT-update file for the clockwork to use ???? help :(

No, I don't think you can do it thru cwm. But you could download the mobile odin app and do it through that. If you're having issues with stability, you may be best trying to update your firmware as kf3 is quite an old one and newer firmwares are much better on performance and battery etc. the other option now you're rooted and before you go back would be to try check rom as it's very easy to instal, very stable, very quick, and gets the most out of your phone.....

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones