• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

unroot without pc Help.

Hello guys, I need help on unrooting my SGS2 but I have to do it without my pc because the pc is not recognizing my phone and that is because there are some issues with the phone's port.
The phone is charging superslow its so bad that if i start using it while charging it loses charge just for searching the web. I want to send it back to be fixed since i have my warranty from samsung but i need to unroot it first. I already use triangle away so they don't find out I have root it.

First off have you tried getting a new usb cable? I have had those go bad before causing all kinds of problems. Secondly try a different pc to install the kies drivers on then get the return to stock going. This is assuming the port on your phone is not physically broken. Depending on what ROM you have now, you could try Mobile Odin and flash stock ROM with it (making sure you uncheck ever root, inject SU, and intect Mobile Odin).

Codegerm

Upvote 0
First off have you tried getting a new usb cable? I have had those go bad before causing all kinds of problems. Secondly try a different pc to install the kies drivers on then get the return to stock going. This is assuming the port on your phone is not physically broken. Depending on what ROM you have now, you could try Mobile Odin and flash stock ROM with it (making sure you uncheck ever root, inject SU, and intect Mobile Odin).

Codegerm

Should i flashed a custom rom and which one to make it work? I don't really want to install a custom rom but if thats what it takes to go back to stock..... I'll do it.

Upvote 0
Well Mobile Odin didn't recognize my phone on the stock ROM. I believe it is due to the stock ROM reporting the model number with BST added on the end. Once I had gone to FK23 that issue cleared. If Mobile Odin doesn't recognize your phone as one of the supported phones, you could try editing your build prop to not have the BST in the model number. You should then be able to flash the stock tar file for your phone.

Upvote 0
Well Mobile Odin didn't recognize my phone on the stock ROM. I believe it is due to the stock ROM reporting the model number with BST added on the end. Once I had gone to FK23 that issue cleared. If Mobile Odin doesn't recognize your phone as one of the supported phones, you could try editing your build prop to not have the BST in the model number. You should then be able to flash the stock tar file for your phone.

Ok i will see if i can find a guide to do this and let you know how it goes.

Upvote 0
Ok i will see if i can find a guide to do this and let you know how it goes.

If you are going to edit your build prop due to Mobile Odin not recognizing the phone as compatible, it is in the /system folder. you have to be rooted to make changes to it and it can be done using ES file manager's text editor. You have to enable the root option in the app and make system writable to make changes then change it back to read only when done (this is done through the app's settings). It is a pain when the port on your phone is messed up for sure. Another option is if you have accident insurance on the thing (whoops)

Upvote 0

If you are going to edit your build prop due to Mobile Odin not recognizing the phone as compatible, it is in the /system folder. you have to be rooted to make changes to it and it can be done using ES file manager's text editor. You have to enable the root option in the app and make system writable to make changes then change it back to read only when done (this is done through the app's settings). It is a pain when the port on your phone is messed up for sure. Another option is if you have accident insurance on the thing (whoops)

Ok I have everything I need now my question is, how exactly do I edit the build pro to not have BST? well what do i have to write in the buildpro? what sentence is it that i have to change? should i post my buildpro here?

Upvote 0
Ok I have everything I need now my question is, how exactly do I edit the build pro to not have BST? well what do i have to write in the buildpro? what sentence is it that i have to change? should i post my buildpro here?

you will see the model number in it in several places build.prop is a text file so editing it is the same as just deleting the BST in the model number

Upvote 0
you will see the model number in it in several places build.prop is a text file so editing it is the same as just deleting the BST in the model number

So basically all I do is write this ro.product.model=sph-d710 instead of ro.product.model=sph-d710BST.
just the model or everywhere it says sph-d710BST?
Another thing when i go to /system/ I have a build.prop and a build.prop.bak, they are the same i check so do i edit both or what?

Upvote 0
the bak file is a backup of the build prop. you can remove the backup file
Ok so I did delete the BST and now my phone is somewhat brick. it turns on and stays on the samsung logo and thats all.... I can get into cmw and odin but i still cannot connect it to the pc to unroot with odin and for some reason i tried flashing a rom with cmw but its not working it says that it failes to flash it or something. Should i just give up???

Upvote 0
I have AGAT_Recovery tREC_v0.2.2
So I am assumming i just have to out it in the sdcard and install zip from sdcard. ill be back as soon as i get the file.

Okay many ROMs won't flash with AGAT, but it is easy to use AGAT to flash in a kernel with CWM (such as EL29) from there you could flash another CWM flashble ROM. the install instructions for installing the ROM should be followed, and most start with using EL29. So you should be able to get your phone back to a useable state

Upvote 0
Okay many ROMs won't flash with AGAT, but it is easy to use AGAT to flash in a kernel with CWM (such as EL29) from there you could flash another CWM flashble ROM. the install instructions for installing the ROM should be followed, and most start with using EL29. So you should be able to get your phone back to a useable state

Just to make sure i don it right, would you mind posting the link where i can get EL29 i don't want to mess it up anymore than what it is. I found some kernels here but i can't find EL29. I found EL26 here should i use it?
Just to make things clear i am not even sure if i am doing any of this right i have little experience so just to make sure i am assuming i have to flash the kernel EL29 with AGAT, right?

Upvote 0
Reactions: eliander250
Upvote 0
Sorry I meant to say EL26

chris41g.devphone.org

Once you flash the kernel you can then boot into CWM recovery and follow the instructions to flash the ROM. here is a link to a ROM CWM flashable ROM. this is just one, there are others

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2043240

This is the android repository, in it you can even find the original tar file for FI22 Boost

http://rwilco12.androidfilehost.com/

alright man my phone is back working i somehow have sprint written all over it so about the repository f122 do i put it on my sdcard and flash it with cwm or do i use mobile odin? i am assuming i am still running since i have supersu.

Upvote 0
I actually just flashed it myself to switch su apps..

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1357265067169.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1357265067169.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 48
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones