1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

unroot

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by tonytouch311, Apr 14, 2012.

1. tonytouch311

tonytouch311 Well-Known Member

Im currently on MB with the update. Id like to go back to stock firmware with the update. Does any one have the files and would i be using odin to upload them?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. TryingToRoot

TryingToRoot Android Enthusiast

Easiest way is to use my stock cwm backup, them use monster's flashable update or if you don't want root, just accept the update without flashing monster's

3. tonytouch311

looking through your posts and cant seem to find it

4. TryingToRoot

TryingToRoot Android Enthusiast

5. tonytouch311

thanks. followed the instruction but as i restore it says md5 sum mismatch and goes no where

6. Bionic Chronic

Bionic Chronic Android Enthusiast

Can you go back to stock w/o the update, even after you flashed the update?

7. lMonsterl

lMonsterl Android Expert

u have to use the kdz method

8. Bionic Chronic

Ahh thanks. I mean I do not I need to. I did flash the 'ZVC LINK' .zip. Though I downgraded from MBv1.2zvc to MBv1.2 so ZVC no longer shows under SW Version in About Phone Menu. Since it doesn't check for Firmware Upgrade I assume I am all good. Only thing that I don't get is if ZVC and ZV4 are the same Update, why not just post one of the downloads?

9. tonytouch311

Ok, everythings well with the install if the stock rom with cwm. But im trying to update via ota because flashing the update seems to interrupt the swype keyboard and the android system constantly crashes. So as i choose update, it shuts down the phone the update starts but doesnt finish and boots into recovery...what am i doing wrong? At this point i could care less about being rooted.

10. Apache Thunder

Apache Thunder Android Enthusiast

ZVC = Sprint's update. ZV4 = Boost Update. I think, but someone else might chime in to correct me if I'm wrong. Otherwise that's what I believe they are.

Also there is no OPS file for this phone, so don't try using Odin. :p

11. Bionic Chronic

IDK man. I have been hinting at getting an answer for the ZVC and ZV4 Updates on a couple different posts. No one has said how they are different, and if they are the same as |Monster| Stated (or same radio as he put it).. why post both? I am on Boost and I used the ZVC LINK Update... I do hope someone helps clarify my confusion.

12. tombob

tombob Well-Known Member

I believe that the answer is that the Sprint ZVC update was available several days before the Boost update so Monster created a Boost version of the ZVC before the ZV4 update came out. I believe you can use either one to get the same result. Just if you are going to use the ZVC be sure to use the correct one, Monster's for Boost or Asadullah's for Sprint.

13. Bionic Chronic

Yea, Bloodawn gave me an affirmative answer today that ZVC = Sprint (Which I, on Boost, am running because I updated when there was only ZVC Available.) and ZV4 = Boost. Now to figure out if I can switch to the ZV4 Update.. I may just wait for a working exploit with the OTA Update. Though I was never prompted to Update on my Phone..

14. m7nba

m7nba Newbie

it just reboots and doent finish alot of boost customers are having this issue

15. m7nba

m7nba Newbie

I unrooted by deleted superuser.apk and su.apk, because i want that z4 update do you think they will still know if its been rooted, i tried that cwm but it just hangs up after it says a daemon started successfully, im still under warranty.

LG Marquee Forum

The LG Marquee release date was October 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.0" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, processor, and 1500mAh battery.

October 2011
Release Date
Reviews