1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

unrooted HTC Desire bootloops and only loads up via safemode/fastboot.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by olaph, May 26, 2011.

1. olaph

olaph Lurker

Android Version: 2.2
    Network: Telstra(AU)
    Taskiller Used?: No
    [Optional]Are You rooted & which Rom: unrooted/Stock ROM(no apps/games downloaded).
    Issue:

Hi Guys

I recently got a HTC Desire(second hand) and it seems to struggle to boot(both power on & reboot) unless I run it in safemode or fastboot(which makes me think it is an issue with the stock ROM). I have tried rooting it so i can flash recovery, I've tried updating ROM Upgrade Utility and via gold card/zip method but because all of these require the phone to reboot the problem still persists.

Is there any possible way I can make it always boot in safe mode?

So far I have run out of ideas apart from sending it get repairedI figured I'd ask incase there was something I haven't tried.

Any help would be appreciated :)

Regards
    Olaph

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. SUroot

SUroot Extreme Android User

Have you tried a factory reset via recovery yet?

3. olaph

olaph Lurker

I have tried factory reset via the phone(in safemode) and via the hboot menu.

Booting into recovery mode seems to be hit & miss(as it freezes on boot) and the times I can get in it gives me a red triangle(which I assume meant there was no recovery image installed).

But I will give it another go now.

*edit* I am trying to install a new RUU via fastboot again, it seems promising this time, will report back if it fixes the problem.

4. SUroot

The red triangle is a caution sign to prevent you accidentally getting into recovery. At this point you hold Vol up andpress power to actually get to recovery.

5. olaph

olaph Lurker

Ah ok thanks for that, I managed to flash another RUU, but the issue is still there. Would it be safe to assume that it's hardware related?

6. SUroot

Would expect so yeah. Contact HTC...

HTC Desire Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews