1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Unrooted on it's own?

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by Cubesteak, Jun 4, 2009.

1. Cubesteak

Cubesteak Active Member

Feb 8, 2009
    I successfully jailbroke my phone and rooted it twice within a month already just to get experienced, I am currently running Jf 1.51 CRB43 with the latest radio update. I am able to run WiFi Tether for root users with no problems, however, when I tied to install Rosie, I got all the way to the part where you open up Terminal Emulator and copy the app_s fie to the ext2 partition and I get the "read access only" error, so I typed ui and got the "permission denied" error.

Anything I can try besides starting all over? I would like to remind you that WiFi tether for root users still works with no problem. As a matter of fact, I just posted this message vie G1Tether just to test.

Any help is appreciated

Advertisement

2. james1808

james1808 Member

Jun 2, 2009
    Audio Visual Engineer
    Macclesfield. UK.
    I got the exact same problem yesterday :thinking: I wood love abit more info on it.... I only rooted my phone a couple days ago but have got a pretty good grasp of things up to now. But obviously theres a pretty steep learning curve:D hehe. Im running the new JF build which i think is great. But would love to try Hero build.

Thanks for any advice:)

3. Hero although nice is still incomplete.... as far as more info on how to do everything go here: xda-developers - View Single Post - ONLY - Haykuro Hero Rom *Tutorial link Post2*

4. james1808

james1808 Member

Jun 2, 2009
    Audio Visual Engineer
    Macclesfield. UK.