1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Unrooting and changelog

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Jedman67, Jun 13, 2011.

1. Jedman67

Jedman67 Newbie
    None

May 31, 2011
    The CS rep at sprint told me that a) rooting automatically voids the warranty, and b) in order to determine if a phone was rooted, the techs check the phones "changelog". Is there a way to access and/or edit this changelog, or to modify it by reinstalling a stock OS in order to hide signs of rooting?

(yes, I'm a n00b. i'd rather be stuck with HTC sense than not have a warranty if my phone kabooms :D)

thanks!

Advertisement

2. crump

crump Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 11, 2011
    Alabama

Read through this forum One "zip" RUU-Back to stock - xda-developers. It will return your phone completely back to stock and turn s-on. I've had to exchange one Shift due to faulty keyboard/onscreen lights, flashed the RUU and didn't have any issues.

3. Jedman67

Jedman67 Newbie
    None

May 31, 2011
    Thanks! And how do i backup my data, so I can return it to the phone when i restore? I have SMS backup, contacts backup and call history backup, so its not so critical, but what is the recommended app-backup util?

4. crump

crump Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 11, 2011
    Alabama
    You can use Mybackup Root to back up apps and all user data, also Titanium backup is a good app for backing up apps. Both of these do require root access.

Are you rooted and planning on running the RUU?

5. Jedman67

Jedman67 Newbie
    None

May 31, 2011
    I'm planning on flashing the CM Gingerbread ROM (cm7 i think?) tonight. Now that i know about RUU, I don't need it until/unless i have to send my phone back. and for that, theres always clockwork ROM