• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Unrooting and keep changes

So from what i gather the unrooting changes the stock firmware or w/e and allows superuser permissions.

My question is if i root my phone to remove the AT&T bloatware installed and then unroot my phone, do i get to keep the changes? And do i run the risk of bricking my phone or have it red-flagged if or rather when in the future AT&T/Samsung updates come with froyo and all the other good stuff?

Sorry if this has been asked, i did a quick search and didn't find anything.

It doesn't change any firmware. It just adds an app that gives you the option for root/superuser access to the phone. It can be easily removed. I swapped out my release day phone today after unrooting with no problems. When I removed the AT&T bloatware I made sure to rename the app files. I renamed them back today before returning the phone.

Reactions: SamsungPathos
Upvote 0
My question is.....after I root my phone(which I did, took 15 secs' tops!!) and the froyo 2.2 update comes OTA, will the at&t bloatware apps I uninstalled with Titanium Backup show back up?[/QUOTE

I believe If you accept the OTA, then you accept everything that comes with it such as the bloatware. Someone will figure out how to remove it as well as root your phone. It's just a matter of time.

Reactions: sgennuso
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones