1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Root Unrooting and turning S-on

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by notebooko, Sep 20, 2012.

1. notebooko

notebooko Android Enthusiast

I have a loose 2D/3D switch and I was thinking of replacing the phone to fix this (anyone else have this problem). It's not a big deal but it really annoys me when I move my phone and hear some rattling. Does anyone know how I can unroot and turn S-on (if possible)? Will Virgin Mobile know that I had rooted and s-off'd the phone? Thanks.

Advertisement

2. lordmage

lordmage Android Enthusiast

3. Spritey

Spritey Well-Known Member

I don't know if they'll bother checking for s-off, but if you're getting a replacement you'll have to do the wire trick again anyway, so you might as well revert it to stock

4. OverByter

OverByter Resident Slide Rule Guru

Not worth the effort, they inspect them for hardware issues and then just flash a new image. They don't bother checking for software issues. I've returned a couple of Intercepts, a Wildfire S and 6 Triumphs without issue.

5. notebooko

Okay thanks guys. Does anyone here have have a loose 3D switch? What do you think the chances are that I'll get another one with a lose switch?

6. Banished Angel

Banished Angel Android Enthusiast

Mine doesn't rattle, but it moves around and feels cheap if i touch it. In my opinion it's the cheapest feeling thing on this phone.

7. kagevazquez

kagevazquez Well-Known Member

Mine is lose and it takes around a little but it's not s big deal to me

8. notebooko

Hmm... I think I'll have to take my chances. The rattling makes me feel like I'm a 1 year old with a really expensive toy.

9. OverByter

I have both a Virgin and Sprint branded phone and they feel quite sturdy and positively click into position. Guess it's just manufacturing tolerance and the luck of the draw.

10. notebooko

So they're not loose at all?

11. OverByter

Nope, no slop at all and very positive sliding between 2d and 3d position.
    No slack or rattling in any direction. Like I previously posted, I guess that I got lucky with the manufacturing tolerances, which is quite odd because my luck with phones doesn't usually go in that direction . :rolleyes:

12. joshua.worth

joshua.worth Android Enthusiast

Mine slides fine but if I hold it with the switch side facing the center of the earth and lightly touch it then it makes little rattling noises

Tags: