• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Unrooting Atrix that's stuck on Red M?

joabcam26

Lurker
Apr 2, 2011
Well, I let my Atrix die out (I always like to get it to 0% before I recharge) and connected it to the charger. After it hit 5% I attempted to turn it on but it gets stuck on the red M (Motorola Symbol), and some times it goes to the ATT "Rethink possible" logo, but still ends up freezing on this. I have already called for a replacement, but I was wondering if I could unroot the phone if its stuck on this "red M" stage. I have to send this broken phone in so I want to unroot it before I do because having it rooted voids my warranty.

Is there a way to unroot it this phone if it is stuck on the red M symbol?

Is there a term for the phone being stuck on the red M? Softbrick?

Thanks!

i had the same issue with my phone. Its because your phone is too low on battery to boot up. If you can somehow get the battery to charge then try turning it on it should work.

For me i did android recovery and that fixed it. The phone wouldnt read the battery for some reason.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones