1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Unrooting Droid 3 Pete's tool broken link

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by JoeTheEngineer, Apr 26, 2012.

1. JoeTheEngineer

None

Apr 26, 2012
    Trying to unroot Droid 3 with Pete's Root Tool. I get an error message when clicking the box indicating that " /restore/backup doesn't exist or is incomplete." It says download links can be found in the help menu if this program. The help menu directs me to a fileserve page which no longer supports the download of the file named "DROID3_system_app_v5.6.890.zip". I googled the filename, but haven't found any download links. Does anyone know how I can download this to proceed with the unroot procedure (I'm unrooting to return it b/c the camera doesn't work)? Or is there another process by which I can unroot it? I rooted using Pete's Tool, so it makes sense to unroot using his process too...

Advertisement

2. doogald

doogald Android Expert

Jan 7, 2010
    I'm away from my regular computer at the moment, but I believe that Pete's unrooting doesn't require you to restore the old system - that's optional. It would only be required if you deleted any pre-installed apps (i.e., removed bloatware.)

However, if you did do that and you need the zip file, I do have it on my Dropbox here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/iwnusgolywsvs3h/DROID3_system_app_v5.6.890.zip

3. glennj

glennj Well-Known Member
    None

Jul 15, 2011
    Just be careful not to install this if your phone is already updated somehow with 5.7.906, like if it is a recent replacement phone. Don't try to go back to stock 5.6.890 if so. Doesn't work...sometning about an incompatible boot loader ? And Redsox has had an issue flashing even a signed radio, right ?

Thank you, Doogald, for the file. I grabbed a copy for restoring my rooted phone to unrooted stock. It will do that, at least prior to being updated to NEW stock 5.7.906, right ?

Its confusing. 5.6.890 did not change either the radio (BP) nor the bootloader, but 5.7.906 does, right ?

Will 5.7.906 remove the TBH radio hack some people use for tethering, when it overwrites the radio ROM ?

Glenn

4. redsox985

redsox985 Android Enthusiast
    None

Aug 25, 2011
    Correct. I am having issues writing signed images from Moto to my radio, but this has baffled myself, Moto's chat support, and Tiers 1 and 2 of tech support. I've been referred to their highest level of tech support to try to solve this, but big time Android'ers like Cell Zealot are drawing blanks.

Flashing any leaked OTA containing a radio image will undo the TBH radio hack, but it can be done again easily.