• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Unrooting Telus Hero

ZimmerZ

Lurker
Sep 29, 2011
Hey guys, I know it's a similar thread to others but I can't find anything specific.

I have a CDMA Hero (Telus) that originally came with Android 1.5. I then rooted and loaded a 2.1 custom ROM. Now nearly two years later my touchscreen isn't working very well and need to go through an extended warranty I bought. (I knew it would break before the contract expired).

I know how to load a custom ROM using the clockwork mod, and I was able to flash it, all of that works. But I need to load an RUU. I found out a while ago I'm supposed to use RUU_Hero_HTC_WWE_1.76.405.1_R3_WWE_release_signed_ NoDriver.exe, but it (along with others I tried) won't work.

I'm using another computer with XP installed. First of all, HTC sync will not recognize my phone. Reinstalling drivers and software did not help. On top of that when I tried loading the RUU, it would give me an UNKNOWN ERROR (155 I think).

This is my third attempt in recent months and I have exhausted all of my resources, I appreciate any help!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones