• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

unrooting the Nexus One: Is it possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not yet to my knowledge though I'm sure it's only a matter of time.
Thanks. Right now it has the unlocked lock on the bootup screen which apparently can't be taken off. This was part of HTC and Google's agreement.

Google told HTC, Hey, I want people to be able to root this device to use it to its full extents Then HTC said, Okay, but we're going to get lots of returns and lose money because of everyone bricking their phone Then google said, Okay. We'll make sure on the unlock boot screen that is says it is voiding the warranty; plus, we will have a watermark to show that it was rooted.

I'm assuming that it was a physical fuse so that it could not be undone.

Upvote 0
You're right and I recognize my contribution to that. I've just long ago grown tired of the sense of entitlement that many consumers have. Not to say that's you or that reasonable dialogue about a product's shortcomings is wrong though.
Oh my God! This thread is ruined with this spam. To be honest, I could care less about what you think. You obviously aren't as tech savvy as most of us. I want to know if you would be able to unroot the Nexus One, but apparently, someone like you needs to feel like they have power and post useless junk. "I've just long ago grown tired" of people thinking that they know stuff and posting it. Fair?!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones