• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Unsolicited MMS Message - How to Block?

SoSaySoOk

Lurker
Jul 4, 2019
I would so appreciate some help. I'm a Moto G6 user. My system is Android. I'm receiving unsolicited sexually explicit MMS group text messages in the Messages app. These messages display all of the phone numbers of the people in the group, so isn't that nice? I get them twice daily at present and each time they are sent from a different number so blocking the sender's number is not going to work.

Here is a link to the Messages app so that I'm being as clear as possible.
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.apps.messaging&hl=en_US

I have searched the web vigorously and cannot find any advice on how to block these MMS Messages. I know I can probably turn off MMS altogether but my family uses MMS to send texts and photos etc. Gotta see those grandkids but I am ready to say that I can't have my cake and eat it too if something's gotta give.

Any advice. I'm not a terribly tech-savvy person so feel free to explain it to me like I'm in 3rd grade. (Wow! I just dated myself there.) Step by step never hurts.

Thanks so much. I hope to hear back. If I've posted in the wrong place please let me know where I should have put this.

Vikki

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones