1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support unstable galaxy tab 10.1

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by princesspeach, Aug 16, 2011.

1. princesspeach

princesspeach Lurker
    None

Aug 16, 2011
    I rooted my Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1. I have a Droid 3 and as far as I know, I am unable to root it at this time. But, I can access the internet with my tab for free.

With that said, the internet on the tab is EXTREMELY unstable. I'm so frustrated with it. Is there something I did wrong? I followed the instructions on: How to Root Galaxy Tab 10.1! [NEW] - YouTube

I can surf the web for a total of 5 mins until the it loses connection. It takes me 15 mins to download an app from android market, on a good day. And also, after being connected, my tab is so slow that sometimes it takes a few minutes to open an app or switch screens. And when the tab is left on then goes to sleep without pressing thebutton, it restarts....

What the heck did I do?
    Has anyone stumbled upon this problem?

Advertisement

2. UKseagull

UKseagull Android Enthusiast
    None

May 30, 2010
    York UK
    I'm not quite with you, are you tethering your Tab to your phone or just using a regular wifi connection from your router?

If using a router, try restarting it. If the problem still persists then try connecting to a friends/works router and see if that's OK. That should pinpoint either the router or the Tab as being at fault.

If you're tethering, take a look at the link below. Not something that I've tried but maybe it'll help?

How to Enable Adhoc WiFi on Android Tablets! | AndroidTabletHacks.com

3. princesspeach

princesspeach Lurker
    None

Aug 16, 2011
    I am sorry i failed to mention that i was tethering. I followed the directions in the link you posted; it didn't show up as it being adhoc on my tab. Not sure what i did wrong. I will try again later. But, the internet is still unstable. I don't know if this is useless information, but, when i receive a text my tethering disables.

I think I might have figured out what happened. Does anyone think that because my droid 3 isn't rooted, it can be giving me problems with tethering? My galaxy tab 10.1 is rooted though. Do both devices need to be rooted to work? Will I be charged from verizon?

4. elkadur

elkadur Lurker
    None

Nov 5, 2011
    My problem is not that the connection seems to be unstable, the tab actually restarts after trying to do so. I've performed a hard reset but after a couple of days it goes back to the same issue...is there anything I could fix before thinking of sending it back to the factory to be fixed?
    I use a Wireless B Linksys broadband router for home use, tomorrow I expect to borrow one and try it for a couple of days to see if it's the router.