• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Unstable phone

ottgrims

Lurker
Jul 16, 2011
I have had my Galaxy S2 in 2 months. Last couple of weeks ut has started to misbehave. It can suddenly drop telephone calls. It can suddenly turn itself off and then on again. I have not noticed a special pattern concerning programs in use or situations.

Shall I suspect a hardware problem? Or can it be a problem due to a installed program or widget?

Any advice on what to try first?

here is a few things to check:
- If you have recently install an app, then try to uninstall them and see if you have any problem. Sometimes a buggy apps can cause your phone to have problem and as a result it could be kept switch itself off.
- Try to reset your device and see if this fixes your problem. (Make sure that you back up your personal data on the device before try to reset it)
- Update to the latest version of the firmware, and this sometimes can fix this common issue.

i realy hope that this helps :)

Java Programming

Reactions: ottgrims
Upvote 0
Try using Task Manager and the free Android Assistant and Android System Cleaner to clear caches and shut down apps you're not using... most continue to run in some capacity when you simply exit them by hitting home, which increases the chances of driver/network incompatibilities when, for example, two or more of these apps decide to phone home for updates at the same time.

Reactions: ottgrims
Upvote 0
here is a few things to check:
- If you have recently install an app, then try to uninstall them and see if you have any problem. Sometimes a buggy apps can cause your phone to have problem and as a result it could be kept switch itself off.
- Try to reset your device and see if this fixes your problem. (Make sure that you back up your personal data on the device before try to reset it)
- Update to the latest version of the firmware, and this sometimes can fix this common issue.

i realy hope that this helps :)

I made a hard reset, restored from backup, and the telephon has worked fine for several days. Then I took GoSMS as my SMS-program. Yesterday evening I had a spontaneous reset again. I now try to use only the original SMS application. Anyone else seen trouble with GoSMS?

Upvote 0
I made a hard reset, restored from backup, and the telephon has worked fine for several days. Then I took GoSMS as my SMS-program. Yesterday evening I had a spontaneous reset again. I now try to use only the original SMS application. Anyone else seen trouble with GoSMS?

I actually heard earlier that the GoSMS has many bugs; for example every message sent using GoSMS is sent twice and exiting messaging problems and many other issues :eek:.

but if you like too much this app.. you may contact the developer that makes it ;)

Upvote 0
I actually heard earlier that the GoSMS has many bugs; for example every message sent using GoSMS is sent twice and exiting messaging problems and many other issues :eek:.

but if you like too much this app.. you may contact the developer that makes it ;)

My telephone spontanously reset also when I did not have Go SMS installed, so I do not think this application is to blame. I have reinstalled it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones