1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Unsupported file type Music

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Kramstan, Feb 27, 2011.

1. Kramstan

Kramstan Lurker
    None

Feb 27, 2011
    Just got the Galaxy Tab from Sprint. I have all my CD's copied to a Windows home server. I ripped them to my server using wma 9 lossless. I copied some of these to my Galaxy Tab and some play fine, others say "Unsupported File Type" They were all copied to my Server from CD's using Windows media player. The file format, according to the galaxy tab is "audio/x-ms-wma" What I don't understand is why some play fine and some give me the error message "unsupported file type" when I can't find any differences between the files either on my home server or on the Galaxy Tab. Any ideas? Thanks

Advertisement

2. steam374

steam374 Well-Known Member
    None

Feb 28, 2011
    Washington
    Just convert the music files that aren't working to the same format as the ones that are working.

3. Kramstan

Kramstan Lurker
    None

Feb 27, 2011
    The problem is they are all the same format. They were all ripped from CD's to my home server using windows media player and then copied to my Galaxy tab. I can't see any difference in them, same codec, bit rate, etc. But some play on the Galaxy and some say unsupported file type. Not sure what I'm missing.