• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Unsupported file type

Storygang

Lurker
Jan 2, 2012
I got a Samsung Galaxy tablet from Verizon for a Xmas gift for my husband to listen to streamed audio from NPR stations. His favorite station plays immediately but two others require downloaded files. I go to Applications --> Download, click on the CD/Music icon, and get error message: Unsupported File Type! How can we play these files? Better still - can they be streamed without these extra steps? Thanks!

I got a Samsung Galaxy tablet from Verizon for a Xmas gift for my husband to listen to streamed audio from NPR stations. His favorite station plays immediately but two others require downloaded files. I go to Applications --> Download, click on the CD/Music icon, and get error message: Unsupported File Type! How can we play these files? Better still - can they be streamed without these extra steps? Thanks!

Do you know what the file extensions are? Example - .mp3 or .wmv

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones