• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Unsupported mode issue

andkc

Lurker
Oct 10, 2012
So I have a UG802 and when it loads now I get an "Unsupported mode" message on my TV. My tv is 720 I also tested it on a 1080p TV and I get the same message. I was looking for a way to reset to factory defaults or something along that lines, since the screen is black. I figure it is in a resolution that is not supported so I just wanted to change things but without the interface I'm at a loss :(

Any ideas would be great,
Thanks.

I dont have ant idea. its brand new. i havent rooted it yet

Ok, if that's situation it won't help you but I'll write it anyway, might be usefull to someone else.

Generally, if you can connect to your device and do have su installed but you don't have output on your tv, you have to set bootenv property to resolution that your tv/monitor supports.

eg:

Code:
adb shell
su
setprop "ubootenv.var.outputmode" "720p"
reboot

This code will set boot output mode boot environment parameter to 720p. Other possible values are: 480i, 576i, 1080i, 1080p.

This can also be done via u-boot if you can connect your device to computer via uart interface.

In your case, I believe that reinstalling firmware using reset button should solve the problem.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones