1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Unsupported SD Card

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by bfldworker, Jul 8, 2016.

1. bfldworker

bfldworker Android Enthusiast

Jan 21, 2012
    Male
    Computer Technician,
    Clearwater Florida
    I have a WTH situation. I have G900T variant of the GS5 that I just bought used. It is unlocked and rooted with TWRP recovery. I am still running Stock Marshmallow on it.

I have a Samsung EVO 64GB SDXC that will not work with the phone. I have used Diskpart (windows) cleaned it created a new partition using exFat, and I still get Unsupported SD Card. I have tried this card in my ZTE Zmax, LG G Tab F 8.0 a Windows 10 Tablet and even on my Windows laptop. The Card works perfectly everywhere else. I know the phone is designed to take upto a 128GB sdcard so it isn't a size issue. And both the SD Card and the phone are Samsung, so I assume there shouldn't be a issue in that arena.

So the question is. What am I doing wrong or what is wrong?

Advertisement

2. Fox Mulder

VIP Member

Feb 19, 2012
    NYC
    You can try using the app "SD Insight" and see what it shows for the card details. I have a similar card in my S5 G900T1 which is essentially the same phone and it works fine, I've had no such issues with it.
    Does the phone give you an option to format the card? If so I'd format it in the phone and see what happens.
    I'd also try a different, known good card in the phone and see if you get the same result. If you do there may be a hardware problem with the phone's card reader, or a system issue. If you haven't gone too far with loading stuff onto it a factory reset might be worth a try at this point if none of the suggested options work.

3. bfldworker

bfldworker Android Enthusiast

Jan 21, 2012
    Male
    Computer Technician,
    Clearwater Florida
    I will try that app to see what it says. As for trying a known good card. I have 3 of the same identical cards and no dice.
    yes it does but it gives me command 7 error

Samsung Galaxy S5

The Samsung Galaxy S5 was announced in 2014 and was the company's first flagship of the year. The device featured a 5.1-inch display with a resolution of 1920 x 1080, 2GB of RAM, 16GB of storage, and a 16MP primary rear camera.