• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

untraceable android device

A

Android Question

hi. My samsung galaxy was stolen in November 2013. it was switched off for a month then it was on since december. the thief managed to disable remote controls so my device doesnt show up on samsung account. the device was kept on with my sim (its prepaid, so i didnt block it). i used to call it everyday, it will ring then gets rejected. i think the thief blocked all calls. the police and service providers cant help. i then changed my gmail password as ggole advised me they suspect malice on my account. anadroid device manager used to show my registered device but since changing the password it says "no registered device". please help. the only thing i have is IMEI.
THANK YOU IN ADVANCE

Change the password back, Then at elast you' (and the police) will know where it is. If you suspect that someone hacked your google email account, change to a completely different account. But that account, with the original password, is th only link you have to the phone. Without it, all you can do is report the phone to the carrier (making it useless - a stolen IMEI can't be registered) and buy a new phone.

Reactions: scary alien
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones