• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Unused Applications

• Thread starter Android Question
  • Start date
Hi and welcome to Android Forums.

It looks like you are asking two separate questions, so I shall try to answer them in turn.

If your Tab won't charge, check the cable to make sure it isn't broken. If you can, try a different cable in a different USB socket or with a different USB plug in a different socket.

Failing that, it could be a faulty battery and whilst the battery isn't designed to be user replaceable, if you are confident you know what you are doing, there are a number of guides available on the internet such as this one from Ifixit - Installing Samsung Galaxy Tab Battery - iFixit

With regards to unused applications, if you mean the pre-installed ones that came with the device then you are mostly out of luck unless your device is rooted. I have a number of apps on my stock ROM HTC that I just don't want or need and the best thing I have done with them is to hide them using a different launcher. On my rooted Samsung Galaxy S2 however, I have deleted a number of apps that are of absolutely no interest to me.

If you go into your apps section in settings, you can force stop and disable apps. However, you need to be aware that a number of pre-installed apps are tied into other phone functions so comprehensive research should be done before deleting or disabling an app to make sure it won't break another app or phone function.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones